You can customize your writing atmosphere by enabling one or more of the supplied modi from the Modus menu. A modus actively stands by as you type your text.
Some modi, such as Markdown and Highlights, change the appearance of the text within the editor, but don’t influence how the text is persisted on disk (it will always be plain text).
- Markdown formatting: allows markdown control characters to change how the text is rendered. Regardless of this setting, a document is always saved as plain text.
- Keep active line fixed: the text automatically scrolls as you type to keep the cursor at the same height, like on a typewriter.
- Typewriter sounds: different sounds are played back when you delete text, enter a space, a newline and any other character.
- Highlighting: the current sentence or paragraph is highlighted.
- Disable text deletions: you cannot delete or replace any typed text. Please note that you cannot undo/redo changes applied while this modus is enabled but you can after disabling it.