You can customize your writing atmosphere by enabling one or more of the supplied modi. A modus actively stands by as you type your text.
Some Modi, such as Markdown and Highlights, change the appearance of the text within the editor, but don’t influence how the text is persisted on disk (it will always be plain text).
You can find all available modi in the Modus menu.
- Markdown: allows markdown characters to change how the text is rendered. Regardless of this setting, a document is always saved as plain text.
- Typescrolling: the text automatically scrolls as you type to keep the cursor at the same distance from the bottom of the window.
- Sound: experience the feeling of a typewriter. There are different sounds played back when you delete text, enter a space, a newline and any other character.
- Highlights: the current sentence gets highlighted.
- NoWayBack: just write! You are not allowed to delete or correct any typed text. Please note that you cannot undo/redo changes applied while having this modus enabled but you are allowed to undo/redo changes after disabling it.